VISITOR EXPECTATION GUIDELINES
All Visitors are required to comply with the following guidelines during scheduled visits.
Visiting Hours are by appointment only-7 days per week, 11am, 2pm and 4pm
Please call the main line (516) 740-9900 to schedule appointments that can be booked up to 7 days in advance.
- Facial Coverings must be worn covering your nose and mouth at all times while visiting Emerge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- Once you arrive, you will have your temperature checked and you will be asked a series of questions. Please answer honestly and truthfully as someone’s life could depend on it. IF YOU DON’T FEEL WELL, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available, please utilize before and after your visit. There are two restrooms available to wash your hands in as well.
- Please adhere to social distancing rules during your visit. There will be markings on the floor to indicate where each visitor and resident will be during the visit. Please refrain from any physical contact with the resident unless both resident and visitor are fully vaccinated (2 weeks passed the final vaccination dose).
- At this time, visitation for residents in semi-private rooms with roommates will occur in the interior courtyard, Solarium, and Madison dining room as per the guidelines issued by the Department of Health. Visitation may be adjusted by the facility as needed. As per the DOH regulations, there is only visitation in a resident room if the resident is in a private room or in a double room with no roommate.
- We will be able to allow 20% of our census in the building during each visiting timeframe.
- There is a limit of 2 visitors at a time. There will be a maximum of three visits per resident weekly as this will allow for all residents to have a chance to visit with their loved ones. Anyone under the age of 16 must be with someone over the age of 18.
- If you have a loved one in a room you can visit, you must go straight to the room and you can not stop and speak with any staff member.
- Any communication with staff should continue to take place with current procedures.
- We ask that you do not consume any food or beverage during the visitation so that facial coverings are not removed.
- Punctuality is crucial to ensure that the visitation process goes smoothly and to allow for time screening and set up of visitation. Lateness will not extend your time and all visits must conclude promptly as scheduled.
- Take this time to enjoy with your loved one who has been looking forward to your visit!